Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Rolls

No, I didn't take any pictures. Learn to deal.

I did, however, make Vietnamese Spring Rolls and they didn't suck! I followed this easy how-to I found on youtube.com and made some tasty treats. Here's a basic recipe that I didn't follow at all.



I used some rice noodles (I don't think that's the right thing to use, but they cook really fast and are tasty), avocado (which I splashed with lime juice), shrimp (sauteed in some Newman's Balsamic Sesame Dressing), and fresh cilantro.

They were bone easy to make and tasted alright. Note, they are better if you wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and let them chill in the fridge for awhile. I ate a "fresh" one right after rolling it and the noodles sort of exploded out. Still tasted fine, but messy.

I picked up some sweet chili sauce at the market and that was a lovely dipping sauce that was happily no points (unlike the yummy peanuty sauce you get in the restaurant). I sent some with #1 husband today for lunch, we'll see how he liked them!

1 comment:

Annapants! said...

Yay spring rolls! Hopefull #1 husband will hate them and you'll be forced to send some to me!