I ate what?
That's right - Thanksgiving Pizza. Now I can't say that I'm actually giving thanks for it right now, but it was better than good. Sadly.
Why did I do it?
So I said to David and Rose, "I think we're just having Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner tonight." And then he said, "Well, have you ever tried Thanksgiving Pizza?" To which I replied, "Are you high?"
What is it?
Apparently you take a blank pizza crust and then pile on all of the bits and bobs that are left in your refrigerator after the big day. David was quite artistic about it, because that's the way he is about pizza. It went something like this:
- Spread some plain tomato sauce on the crust
- Artfully arrange mass amounts of shredded turkey breast. We used baked, but I'll bet fried or smoked would be just as good.
- Mash your stuffing/dressing all over the top of the turkey.
- Cover in a soft white shredded cheese - we used mozzarella.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 13 minutes.
- Spoon on cold cranberry sauce after it comes out of the oven.
- Lastly, let your willing victims pour a little bit of warm gravy and some freshly ground pepper.
And that's all I have to say about that.
3 days ago