Friday, January 22, 2010

Pool hard.

Heh, my subject lines aren't getting any better. C'est la vie.

We have gotten into a more or less regular after work pool night with people from #1 husband's job. Get together, shoot some average pool (or below average, in my case), then hit a nearby restaurant for dinner. (So this has also become our eat out once a week night.)

I'm not better at pool, but I am really enjoying the social time. There's a lot of talking, joking, beer, and usually good food. Getting out of the house and interacting with other adults who have generally interesting things to say is SO GREAT!

Last night was a small group so we finally went to the local tapas place for dinner. (I guess you could read that as "I finally strong-armed them into going to the local tapas place for dinner.") It was meh, but not bad. The bottle of wine was enjoyable. But really, the company was the best part.

So thanks for putting up with my rancid pool playing skills, at least I can make up for it with witty banter, informed opinions, and complete sentences.

1 comment:

Annapants! said...

Glad you're getting the social time! I'm even more happy that people get exposed to your fab wit and awesome banter!