Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!

I have done my civic duty.  Have you?

I got to my polling place at about 5 'til 6 this morning.  The line was already around the building with the polls opening at 6AM!  I stood in line, in the rain, for about an hour and fifteen minutes.  I'm hoping that it was all worth it.

I'm hoping that my candidate, Barack Obama wins Virginia.  To be sure, I'm hoping he wins the whole shebang.  Maybe I've bought into a lot of hype, I don't know, but I do know that for the first time in a long time, I'm excited about the possibilities.

Whatever candidates or referendums you support, go to the polls and do it officially.  The time spent in line really is worth it.

2 comments:

SuperDixieKitten said...

When I dropped Pudge off at school this morning, the line to vote was about 15 mins long. There were more people campaigning in the parking lot than people there to vote.

I think all of the early voting in NC really helped out!

Annapants! said...

Yay change!

*crosses fingers*